Ike & Tina Turner - Sixteen Great Performances (1975) - Lp

Ike & Tina Turner were an American musical duo composed of the husband-and-wife team of Ike Turner and Tina Turner.
The duo was once considered "one of the hottest, most durable, and potentially most explosive of all R&B ensembles".
Their early works, including "A Fool in Love", "It's Gonna Work Out Fine", "I Idolize You" and "River Deep – Mountain High", became high points in the development of soul music, while their later works were noted for wildly interpretive re-arrangements of rock songs such as "I Want to Take You Higher" and "Proud Mary", the latter song for which they won a Grammy Award.
They were also known for their often-ribald live performances, which were only matched by that of James Brown and the Famous Flames in terms of musical spectacle.
Ike and Tina Turner's tenure on the Blue Thumb label, like all their other label stays, was stormy, uneven, and occasionally productive. They only remained with the company a short time, but recorded enough material for two full albums.


These were both cranked out in 1969, and this anthology features the best 16 cuts. It includes the odd single "The Hunter," and a good remake of Otis Redding's "I've Been Loving You Too Long," and the ahead-of-its-time "Bold Soul Sister."

Side A
A1.  The Hunter - 2:47 
A2.  Bold Soul Sister - 2:35 
A3.  I’ve Been Loving You Too Long - 3:40 
A4.  I Know - 2:30 
A5.  I Am A Motherless Child - 3:30 
A6.  I Smell Trouble - 3:45 
A7.  Crazy ‘Bout You Baby - 3:25 
A8.  Rock Me Baby - 2:45 

Side B
B1.  Early In The Morning - 3:00 
B2.  You’re Still My Baby - 2:45 
B3.  You Got Me Running - 3:00 
B4.  Dust My Blues - 2:30 
B5.  Mean Old World - 2:20 
B6.  Reconsider Baby - 2:40 
B7.  Honest I Do - 2:20 
B8.  Please Love Me - 2:10

Credits
Notes
Release: 1975
Genre: Funk / Soul 
Total length: 45:42
Label: ABC Records
Catalog# ABTD-4014
Prijs: €10,00

Vinyl: Goed
Hoes: Gebruikerssporen

0 comments:

Een reactie posten